Mercy Crossing began as an independent congregation in the early 1940’s. It soon outgrew its first two locations and moved to Lavinder Street in 1944. The congregation united with the Church of God and continued steady growth until their facilities on Lavinder Street became inadequate.
God miraculously provided affordable land with a house that could serve as a parsonage on Clearview Drive. The land was purchased in 1972 and the first service was held in April of 1974. Additional property was purchased and needed facilities were added during the ensuing years. The church continued to thrive and earned the reputation of a loving, worshipping and praying congregation.
By the late ‘90’s, the church was again faced with overcrowded facilities. A decision was made to search out property to build another church complex. In 1999, God divinely provided more than 100 acres of affordable property on Joseph Martin Highway. The land was purchased, and in 2003, under the leadership of Pastor Jackie Poe, construction began on the new facility.
On June 5, 2005, the congregation moved to its new 40,000 square foot building. Ministries began to be birthed, providing ways of reaching out to people from all walks of life. The doors are always open to “whosoever will come and drink of the water of life.” The church is known throughout our region as a haven of mercy for hurting and needy people of all backgrounds.
As we look toward our future destiny, we see doors of opportunity opening in every direction. We are confident God has directed us toward our Life Group emphasis and our Growth Track program as means of reaping the last-day harvest. We cannot afford to fail in our mandate from God. We believe you are a part of accomplishing God’s purpose for Mercy Crossing!